Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Ulcers Abound

Does this look ulcery, I ask myself 10x a day--anddd I don't know, humph. The ribs could be explained by the underwhelming 2-3 flakes a day, but with 10lbs grain, 1 lb rice bran, and 4lbs Stable Mix in additional food everyday, I feel like he should look better? And his coat is usually slick and metallic silver, less of this dull black shine.



Not ready to invest in a 3rd consecutive ulcer treatment, so I'm going to try U-Guard (the anti-acid, not Ulcer Guard) for a month and see if that lets things heal up in there by themselves. The hay situation will drastically be improving on the 1st of May, so hopefully those 2 factors together will do the trick without more $$$ bleed.

More of this, please!


6 comments:

  1. Hope his weight evens out :) Henry has gotten a little too full but I buy extra hay to give him :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally cover how gorgeous and filled-out Henry looks! And I think I've yet to see him not gleaming ;)

      Delete
  2. Is he wormed, that's what that looks like to me. Pongo got NASTY worms at DH, basically the vet called me and told me he had EVERY worm. Ewww...if Spart was ulcery I dont think he'd be downing that much food that you listed above w/o colicing. Try a fecal test (sorry, vet visit), learn what's up in there and blast it with a PowerPac. Fun fun fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what, I never considered worms since I do worm him, but now I do remember hearing from some boarders in the past about having this issue. I will definitely be getting.a fecal. Thanks for the advice girl!

      Delete
  3. Hope you sort it out without spending too many dollaz
    Feel better soon Spartan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aoife! He's on the road to improvement!

      Delete